Mercy Beyond Borders
1885 De La Cruz Blvd, #101
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Mercy Beyond Borders (MBB) forges ways for women and girls in extreme poverty to learn, connect, and lead. In war-torn South Sudan, rural Haiti, and refugee camps in Uganda and Kenya, MBB develops the talent, leadership, and advocacy potential of marginalized women and girls.
8 hr/wk position to review accounting inputs and Quickbook reports, make adjustments as appropriate, prepare and document accounting procedures and serve as liaison between staff and the volunteer CPA who prepares reports for Board.
- Assist staff in updating the Chart of Accounts
- Assist staff in creating financial policies & procedures handbook
- Advise staff as needed on accounting entries.
- Prepare accounting entries as needed by compiling and analyzing account info.
- Assist Executive Director with preparation of annual budget and cash flow projections
- Prepare monthly management report comparing rev/exp to budget
- Prepare drafts of quarterly financial statement for volunteer CPA.
- Execute and record investment transactions (donated stock activity) as directed by Board
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconcile any financial discrepancies.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Prepare staff and internal systems for external audit in the future.
- Accounting or Business degree.
- 5 yrs work experience as an Accountant, including at least 3 yrs experience with Nonprofit Finance
- Competence with Quickbooks and Salesforce.
- Ability to design and generate timely reports. Attention to detail. Confidentiality.
- Interaction with external auditors and tax return preparers
- Experience with foreign financial transactions desirable
ABOUT MERCY BEYOND BORDERS
Sr. Marilyn Lacey founded Mercy Beyond Borders in 2008 to transform the lives of women and girls in extreme poverty. Our work began in South Sudan because it was, in Sister Marilyn’s words, “by far the most devastated place I’d ever seen in my decades of doing refugee work.” MBB also works with S.Sudanese refugees in Kenya and Uganda. In 2011 MBB expanded into Haiti in response to the earthquake that killed a quarter-million people while displacing tens of thousands more. MBB is deeply involved in the lives of the women and girls we work with. We support over 1,000 girls in primary schools, over 300 young women on high school and college scholarships, hundreds of women entrepreneurs, and dozens more in adult literacy classes.
Mercy Beyond Borders is a superb place to work if our mission inspires you profoundly, AND.
- You want to be part of a small, smart, fun collaborative team that is relentless about achieving the mission.
- You care deeply about the education and empowerment of impoverished women and girls.
- You want an opportunity to build and shape the continuing growth of Mercy Beyond Borders.
COMPENSATION: Hourly, depending upon experience
To apply, e-mail your cover letter and resume to Sr. Marilyn Lacey: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please address why you are a good match for Mercy Beyond Borders, and why Mercy Beyond Borders is a good match for you.
Position Open Immediately